Tuesday 5 February 2008

Tuesday February 5th 2008

I have been neglectful. I have found other places to visit. I have found like minded people. The book will get written soon but it is not as easy as I had initially thought. I need to discipline myself to get it done but I am happy to report I am still bin free. I have been told 'the trouble is if you do it then they will expect us all to do it and then none of us will have a bin collection'. I have also been told ' you are doing people out of jobs'. The reasons I do what I do is personal. I feel happier not creating land fill. I know full well it is impossible for most people to achieve but I also know it is possible to get half way there quite easily and every plastic bottle counts. Other countries have tetra packs of milk. We desperately need to cut down on our plastic consumption and milk and pop bottles account for a tremendous amount of land fill. The onus has to be on the government and the supermarkets. No one asked for milk and pop in plastic bottles so find an alternative that can be disposed of by burning in a power station or something. Anything but the plastic bottle that will destroy our oceans and our land. We need our land, we need to leave it in good condition for future inhabitants of this earth, some of whom will be here as a direct result of our actions. I intend to start a campaign to dispose of plastic milk bottles. If it can be done it should be done. I will be back :)