Tuesday 4 December 2007

Day 66

Tuesday 4th December 2007

Today is day 66 out of a total of 84 days. Only 18 days to go until my challenge is in effect over. But it will not be over, it will be a beginning of a life without checking myself, it will be a natural progression into an alternative life. After writing this blog I intend to go down my garden on a drizzly day and sit in my garden chair and start my fire. I will sit there poking it with a long stick and contemplate my life. I will laugh at myself and will thoroughly enjoy the forced sitting down leaving my mind roam free and watching the flames, being warmed by the flames and controlling the flames. I think I feel good about doing this challenge as I am in total control. I control what I buy, I control what I eat and I control how I feel . It is an achievement to make food I know is good food. It is a pleasure to see the milk on the doorstep in the morning and the pop man who brings me cauliflowers from the Gower and pop in glass bottles which I can return now figures in my life where before there was nothing only a supermarket checkout. I do not miss the supermarkets in the least. I have no urge to visit them and do not think I ever will again. I will not revert to using a bin after Christmas. I will carry on doing what I am doing unless my life changes and I do not have time to do it. One day perhaps I will not be capable of doing it but until that time comes I am in control of my waste, I am in control of my life. I like it.