Wednesday 19 December 2007

Day 80

Tuesday 18th December 2007

I am 4 days away from completion of this challenge. For the last week I have been frantically attempting to finish the quilts I should have started 6 months ago. People sayI work well under pressure but gosh it is killing me. I will get there but along the way I see new opportunities opening up in front of me. The red dragons I cut out last year were in the sewing chest and so I thought red dragons on the boys quilts. I finished stitching one but it did not suit the colours of my eldest grandsons quilt so now I have to do another and make 2 cushions for their beds with red dragons on. Then the books I promised them with their names in ages ago. I might make it. I shall let you know if I do. I am no diarist. Strange being a writer but I am not. But the ideas that are now flying around in my head daily will out in the next season when all is quiet and my son returns to college and I only have myself to feed. He is home for a month so life changes dramatically. Does he think his mother is mad? Yes and no. He gets frustrated with me but also respects what I do which I am thankful for. Otherwise his quilt would have daggers embroidered on it instead of playing cards. We mothers have ways of getting back. I am getting more light hearted as Xmas looms. I have faith in my ability to get there complete with the sewing challenge. My hampers are being consumed as I speak. I had texts telling me so. The weekend will be the culmination of a lot of things. Then I will go to a supermarket as my challenge will be over. There is only one reason I will go and that is to pick up cream cheese and lpots and lots of CREAM. I will make a baked vanilla cheesecake and a lemon cheesecake for Xmas a nd they will be seeved with lashings of CREAM. The two things I failed to get on this challenge that I missed, cream and glaze cherries. Impossible for me to get not in plastic. Other things I did without such as yoghurts and did not miss. In fact I have learned to live without them well. I have another 4 days and then I will have completed what I set out to do. I will write a book on the 'exercise of cooking' for it is an exercise of the mind and body and is how I believe we should be living for our well being. I am happy I ventured out as it has changed my way of life. I have no need to change it back, once I have sated on cream this xmas I will not crave it again perhaps until next Xmas. Who knows, I shall find out.