Sunday 9 December 2007

Day 68

Thursday 6th December 2007

It is hard now that Christmas is coming so fast to control myself not to reach out and buy. Even I am tempted when I enter a store laden with boxes of stamp machines etc. for my three year old grandson. But by experience I know this machine will not work as it states on the box. So I have desisted so far. My Christmas cooking is on standby until the week before Christmas as all I have now to make are such things as chocolate devil food cake which I will turn into small slabs with chocolate fudge icing on and decorate with a sprig of holly for a far moister and better version of the chocolate log. I am then making potted game with a shank of venison I have in my freezer which I will mix with boiled ham from the market and pound to a paste to mix with herbs and spices to fill small ceramic jars. These I can buy in Wilkinsons for about 50 pence each. They will be sealed with best market butter. Mince pies with which I will fill xmas cardboard boxes bought quite cheaply in many outlets and cheesecake for my grandsons. I have to wait until after December 23rd to make the cheesecakes as I cannot source cream not in plastic. The wait will do me good. I have ordered the small waxed cheese from the delicatessen stall to complete my hampers and boxes of brandy snaps with chocolates and pralines will complete them. Never before have I had so much food in my house and I have not entered a supermarket. Hopefully it will all be eaten and appreciated.