Sunday 4 November 2007

Day 32

Thursday 1st November 2007 – Today I passed a calendar month 31 days of no bin. I am proud of what I have done because I have done it and proved it is not as extreme as I once thought. It can be quite normal. I have converted one person to the milkman in this village and hope to convert a few more before I finish. MY daughter turned up with a pot of cream for me that she has been collecting off the top of her milk in Cardiff. There she can get organic milk in milk bottles. On the organic milk the cream rises to the top and she pours it off for me and freezes it daily in the pot. When it is full she fetches it for me. This is the only cream I can get at the moment. I hit a problem with brown sugar this week as I cannot get it in Neath out side of a supermarket. The health shops do not do sugar. I love sugar and need it for my cooking but only like brown sugar as it is unrefined and has far more taste. White sugar comes in paper but it seems brown sugar now comes in plastic. We need to revert a little, we need to ditch the plastic. Same as my toilet rolls. I would be in trouble there if it was not for Andrex, whose 2 packs are in paper. However the 4 packs have gone over to plastic. Come back I say, 500 years for a plastic bag to decompose! It is just not on where there is no need. Today I also in the audience of question time in Swansea University. The experience with Edwina Currie and the supermarket issue which was the warm up question before they started filming set the scene for the rest of the night. I was ignored. Well Edwina Currie stated Tescos was the best thing since sliced bread and that the supermarkets were customer driven. Rubbish, the customer was made an offer they could not refuse. You have to pay extortionate car parking charges in the towns now, walk miles carrying your shopping through pedestrian areas and not find everything you want there as the super markets have killed off the competition. I only had a small discussion with Mrs. Currie but it seems they would then not allow me to speak on anything else. The only thing I got out of it was a bad arm as I held it up for the whole show. Oh well next time do not do the warm up question and get them half way through with the punch line.
.