Wednesday 14 November 2007

Day 44

Monday 12th November - today was my daughters birthday and I travelled to Cardiff where I cooked all afternoon to prepare for her tea party. With a 3 year old and a seven year old one has to have a cake, never mind how old one is. So I made beefsteak pie, vegetarian quiche a fantastic mincemeat tart, a jam tart for the kids out of the left over pastry, real mams oven chips and a pink birthday cake. I stayed over night in Cardiff and came back Tuesday morning. We had a lovely day as James came from Newport and joined us for the party and brought a sack full of washing to be done while he was there. students learn fast how to delegate. So back to the grindstone on Tuesday as my daughter has a bin which to me is now an alien being, I still feel guilty when I flip the lid.