Sunday 4 November 2007

Day 33

Day 33 – Friday 2nd November 2007 – today was the mother of all days for a while. Dave Robinson from Milford Haven completed his walk along the whole pipeline from Milford Haven to Cilfrew which he has done in legs. I spent all day running around between Trebanos and Cilfrew and Rhos making sure people got there and back and getting the press for the arrival of Dave into Cilfrew with Alan Marr of Brecon who accompanied him on his last leg. First thing in the morning I was making currant bread in the bread maker so I had something to offer people. The need was negated however, there was not enough time and snatched cups of tea and coffee were the order of the day. They were late getting back and it was dark, but I managed to take some pics. The photographer from the local paper and reporter had to leave so was a bit of a shambles really. The night of November 2nd was spent at the Community Centre in Hells kitchen trying to cook cheese burgers fast enough to serve them. Not my food, not my kitchen, but what kids love, music and burgers. It was a treat to see the kids all dressed up and worth it all. My daughter stayed over night with my grandchildren and my son returned from University for the weekend. My quiet house erupted but still no bin. Anything my children fetch into my house that has plastic on it they know they have to take back out. I do not serve them anything that came in plastic. My fridge was well stocked with home baking. This week I was prepared.