Tuesday 6 November 2007

Days 34 & 35

Day 35 – Sunday 4th November 2007. Sunday roast day and again we had chicken. Next week I think I will have to have some beef but James had pork steaks from Sizzles last night and I love my chicken so he was fine with chicken again today. The dinner was as usual lovely and we had apple crumble for dessert with cream from Cardiff, gleaned from the top of my daughters organic milk. James returned to Newport in the afternoon and I will get back to my normal quite home in a day or two. It has been a good week and a week in which my challenge had a few blips and a few fillips. Each week brings revelations and this week the pop man will call. I am on the verge of a new product being added to my store cupboard. Things are good.

Day 34 - Saturday 3rd November 2007. My daughter Jane made a big saucepan of porridge for breakfast. She spent ages over the cooker perfecting it and was it worth it. We are lucky the children in this family love porridge and with the organic milk from Cardiff it was the best porridge ever. Jane has more patience than I do so her porridge is the best. The little one loves honey on his porridge and will eat it any time of the day so he had local honey from the Neath Market and his bowl did not have a morsel left in it. We visited the Market this after noon and I stocked up on vegetables and meat, bought my son some of his favourite welsh cakes and a new cheese to try a welsh one. My container came out for my meat and is now working extremely well. I was presented at the veg stall with a small hessian sack to bring into the market for my potatoes in future. It gets easier week by week and I just wish people were not afraid to try this way of living. There is no need for a bin, well not as we know it, things will change and we will get back the good local food that is still there and which we should not have lost in the first place. All we ate today was from the market at Neath. My son, daughter, two grandchildren and myself.