Thursday 22 November 2007

Day 51

Day 51- Monday 19th November 2007

My trek to Cardiff started on a crisp November morning and ended in Cardiff with lashing rain. Only thirty miles but a season away with the weather. The weather for beef casserole and creamy mashed potatoes. Salads do not entice me or my family in this weather. Summer salads and winter vegetables should be the order of our life. This is what we have grown up eating and I honestly do not think that having salads in warm centrally heated houses helps us when we have to go out into the winter chill. It is no good having warm hats and boots if your inner being is not strengthened with fuel. Remember the Ready Brek advert. Well it is true. Porridge for breakfast, even made with water will keep you going until lunch. Toast made with processed bread will leave you starving within a couple of hours. My son in law took me to the station in the lashing rain as soon as he got back from school as I had to be back in Neath for a meeting. MY youngest grandson who started at Welsh school in September shouted ‘hwyl fawr mam’ as I got out of the car to run to the shelter on Dinas Powys Station. It is so easy for three year olds to pick up a language, every child in Wales should be given the opportunity. Guess what every train on the way back was right on time.