Sunday 18 November 2007

Day 49

Day 49 - Saturday 17th November 2007. I have been sewing for three days and completed my first quilt apart from some embroidery and hand stitching which I will do in the nights with my feet up hopefully. I have the lists for the ingredients for the Xmas puddings and the Xmas cakes. I will make brandy snaps also for the hampers as they are easy to do and filled with brandy cream at Xmas they make a scrumptious treat. I have all the materials out for my next quilt which is all creams and browns. I found some lovely silk to go with the cotton and brocade to give the quilt texture. While I was digging and delving I found some interesting yellows and lemons that might make myself a new quilt, when I finish all the others. This morning I went shopping in the market and this was the first time since Tuesday for me to go out and spend money on food. I counted up my bill. I spent £14.80 in the butchers on one and a half pounds of beef pieces for a casserole, a free range chicken, half a dozen extra large eggs and a pound of best loose butter. I went to the sweet stall and spent £2.80 and then to the veg stall £9.00. So this week with a quick calculation I have spent on food in total £ 50.65. With this and what I will spend with the pop man on Tuesday which I estimate will be around £7.00 again I will have fed myself for 2 weeks and my 6 foot 2 inch son for 3 days as he came home from college on Thursday and will go back tomorrow. I will not go shopping again now until next weekend. I have also stashed away in the freezer two small loaves of bread for next week. My bill for cleaning products is the best though. I reckon it works out over a year at about 3 pounds per week. This includes all shampoo, conditioner, soap, lavender water and washing powder. I also use lemons for cleaning but account for them in my fruit bill. I do not consider this an expensive way to live.