Tuesday 2 October 2007

Day 2

Day 2

I am a self satisfied woman. I just ate a cheese sandwich, cheese and butter from the market, my own bread and my own piccalilli. I just got back from Slimming World and I lost half a pound, better luck next week. The cheese sandwich will have worn off by then. I have so enjoyed my food. At the moment everything is under control as no son, daughter or grandkids until next weekend. Friday will be cooking day or Saturday as I have 2 meetings on Friday. Every morsel I put in my mouth tastes wonderful and the house smells fine. I scrubbed the bathroom today with Fairy soap. I washed the net with Fairy soap and I am getting to think that there are more memories wrapped up in smell than anything else. I remember the smell of Fairy soap from my childhood. Into my mind came the smell of carbolic soap as though it was in my hands. The smell of fresh scrubbed flag stones and the smell of the wet scrubbing brush. I have enough food to keep me going for a week and will visit the market on Thursday for supplies. Life seems more tranquil when one has to prepare for eating. One has the preparation time to think, the mundane rhythmic tasks allowing the mind to roam free. I think about my meals way before I eat as I have to plan ahead. No good going into the fridge or cupboard when starving, there is nothing there to grab and ram immediately into ones mouth. Every morsel takes preparation time and thinking time. Then every bite is heaven on earth. I will sleep tonight with the smell of Fairy soap wafting in my mind. I wonder will I dream?