Tuesday 30 October 2007

Day 25

This afternoon I had to pick up my chicken from the butcher as I am off on holidays to Tenby in West Wales tomorrow. This week my chicken will be frozen. I also bought half a gammon as my son would be home tonight and he needed something easy to eat in case he stayed at home for the weekend. I find gammon ideal for keeping as it keeps for at least a week once cooked and covered in the fridge. I use it then to make chicken, ham and mushroom pie and chunks of it in an omelette and if needs be some can be frozen for reuse at a later date. Tonight is the chapel coffee evening and I will buy cakes there for sonny Jim to eat while I am away. I can take my container and buy welsh cakes and chocolate brownies and fill tins with them. This saves me now I know exactly where to source food to give myself more time for other things. I persuade myself I am not lazy and the money is for the chapel restoration, so I can and must buy. My grandsons love it when I have been to the chapel coffee evening and they look in the tins expectantly. Not this weekend though as I am on holidays. Hip Hip Hooray.