Tuesday 9 October 2007

Day 8

This day is a blur. Today I had to go to Cardiff to look after my two grandsons when they came home from school. Today I did not think about my food regime until I started to cook in my daughter’s house in Dinas Powys. I decided to make a chocolate cake for the boys for after their tea. I had to put things in the bin and after only one solid week and a bit of practice of not putting anything in a bin I found myself baulking at the thought of dropping stuff into one. I do not have a bin I said to myself and here I am putting rubbish in someone else’s. The alternative was take all the peelings home for my compost and all the flour and sugar bags to burn. Impossible I would have had to use a plastic bag. I carried apples from Herefordshire all the way to their house and strawberries too. They preferred the chocolate cake. I came home late and weary and my fridge still has my organic chicken. Too late to cook it now.